Saturday, November 5, 2011

Econo...WHAT?

I feel as though I have to take these early days of blogging to catch everyone up to where I am...

I like my classes like I like my Vodka Martini: Shaken, Not Stirred
Obviously, certain courses will be accepted as transfer credit from Bond to Tech. From what I understand, it has to be approved by the dean here to count as a replacement for a course over there...whatever. So I picked the eight courses I was interested in, and sent them on their way. No so easy...

I chose to take:
Fundamentals of Finance
Markets and Corporate "Behaviour"
Organizational Management
Strategic Marketing

Anybody know how the markets are doing today?
Apparently, Australia is a little more advanced in their higher education, because in order to take their Finance course, you have to take a class called, "Econometrics."
Not a big deal, right? Wrong.


Econometrics, aka Eco 4305 <-That's senior level right there folks, as told by Raiderlink, is the "Application of linear regression analysis including simple statistics, probability, distributions, hypothesis testing, and linear regression" Basically, Economic Calculus. I don't mind Calculus, so that's cool, but I can't stand economics. So depending on the ratio of Calculus to Economics, I will either excel or flounder.

But, as it stands, my current choices are now...

Fundamentals of Finance
Econometrics (uggh)
Organizational Management
Strategic Marketing

Apparently that'll have to change as well, but I haven't gotten there yet. On the bright side, I got a scholarship notification today, so yay for sources of funding!

No comments:

Post a Comment